Monday, September 21, 2015

September 18, 2015

Sept. 18, 2015

The art shows at the Prairie Art Alliance have been so wonderful in the past year and I have admired the featured artists whose body of work was cohesive. My work has always been all over the place because I want to try it all. So I decided to create a cohesive show and thought that choosing a theme would help. Sixties music has been a big part of my life, so I settled on that as the theme. I hate to say it, but the theme has not helped my work become unified. Even though each picture is a combination of paint and collage, there is very little unity. While I would like to blame it on 60s music being all over the place, I think the fault is mine. I have had a different vision for each piece. And I do mean vision. When I listen to the songs, an image comes into my mind. Sometimes I feel like I have achieved the image, other times what I have produced looks nothing like the image. If you are lucky, the art can take over, and hopefully, turn out better than what you imagined. That happened with my very first piece, Donovan's 'Season of the Witch.'

No comments:

Etsy Shop